What is Good Mileage on a Used Car?
When shopping for a used car around Parkville, you want to check the physical condition, mechanical condition, and mileage. A common question you may think of is, “what is good mileage on a used car?” Old warnings say you should shy away from used cars over 100,000 miles, but that isn’t necessarily true anymore. If the vehicle has a well-documented history of maintenance and is in good condition, it can still be a good buy. Learn more about the factors that determine good mileage for used cars like condition, location, and usage, and explore our inventory at Hanover Lots For Less.
Shopping for a Used Car
Mileage is only one of the factors Gettysburg driver should pay attention to when shopping for a used car:
- Usage – The type of driving matters. Vehicles that have driven for 75,000 miles in stop-and-go traffic will see more wear and repairs than a vehicle that has gone 75,000 miles on the open highway. If possible, get an idea of the previous owner’s driving history before buying.
- Location – Vehicles out of the elements and driven in mostly dry, warm climates will see less stress than vehicles in harsher cold and wet climates.
- Condition – Always have a trusted, certified mechanic look over the vehicle for any hidden physical or mechanical problems. This comes with an additional cost, but it’s worth it in the long run.
- Maintenance – Vehicles with a documented history of maintenance allow the driver to verify that the vehicle has had routine services like an oil change. Irregular service can hint at expensive repairs in the future.
Determining Good Mileage for Used Cars
There is no one answer for, “what is good mileage on a used car?” The factors previously discussed show that there are many things to consider, but one of the more important factors is how York drivers will use the vehicle. Typically, drivers put 12,000 miles on their vehicle a year. So, a used car that has 50,000 miles and is well maintained is a good choice. However, a cheap used car with 100,000 miles can probably last another couple of years and is still a good choice for some drivers. Keep this in mind when looking at the mileage vs. age of a vehicle.
Comparing Mileage and Age
Finding good mileage for used cars depends on the car itself. York drivers may find that a newer car with higher mileage can be a better choice than a low-mileage, older car. Be sure to consider these factors when shopping for a car:
- Even though a car isn’t driven on a regular basis, it can see high repair costs. Vehicles that sit for a while may find that mechanical issues or problems with rubber seals and gaskets have developed.
- A long history of maintenance shows that the vehicle has been cared for compared to a vehicle with a neglected service history.
- Budget-conscious shoppers will find that low mileage vehicles have a higher price tag attached.
Parkville shoppers looking for a like-new, low-mileage vehicle should consider Certified Pre-Owned vehicles.
Find Your Dream Car at Hanover Lots For Less!
When shopping for your next car, good mileage for used cars is only one of the factors you should consider. Contact us today or visit us in Hanover to schedule a test drive of our wide range of used vehicles. We even have an incredible inventory of pre-owned Volkswagen vehicles. Taking home your next car is even easier with our online shopper tool. Easily find your car, calculate payments, find your lease deals, and schedule a pick-up or delivery time!